Friday, November 23, 2012

Universal HIV Screening Recommended by USPSTF



   The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) strongly recommends that clinicians screen all people aged 15 to 65 years for HIV infection, according to a draft recommendation statement posted online November 20. The statement also recommends HIV screening for all pregnant women, including those who present at the time of labor, and for younger adolescents and older adults who are at increased risk.
   "The draft recommendation reflects new evidence that demonstrates the benefits of both screening for and earlier treatment of HIV," task force member Douglas K. Owens, MD, said in a USPSTF news release. "Because HIV infection usually does not cause symptoms in the early stages, people need to be screened to learn if they are infected. People who are feeling well and learn they are infected with HIV can begin treatment earlier, reduce their chances of developing AIDS and live longer and healthier lives."
   Although US prevalence of HIV infection is nearly 1.2 million and annual incidence is about 50,000, nearly one quarter of those infected are unaware that they are HIV-positive. Since the first reports of AIDS in 1981, more than 1.1 million people have been diagnosed with AIDS and nearly 595,000 have died from it.
   Combined antiretroviral therapy (ART) has been shown to reduce the likelihood of HIV transmission, and earlier initiation of treatment lowers the risk for AIDS-related complications.
In issuing this recommendation, the task force hopes to improve and maintain the health of persons who are already infected with HIV, to delay the onset of AIDS, and to lower the risk for HIV transmission. The USPSTF is offering the public an opportunity to comment on this draft recommendation until December 17 and will consider all public comments when writing its final recommendation.
   Clinicians should screen adolescents and adults aged 15 to 65 years for HIV infection, as well as younger adolescents and older adults who are at increased risk (grade A recommendation).
Although evidence is insufficient to define optimal time intervals for HIV screening, the statement suggests that a reasonable strategy would be 1-time screening of adolescent and adult patients to identify those who are already HIV-positive and repeat screening of those known to be at risk for HIV infection, those who are actively engaged in high-risk behaviors, or those living in a high-prevalence setting.
   Clinicians should screen all pregnant women for HIV, including those of unknown HIV status who present in labor (grade A recommendation).

Evidence and Rationale
   The USPSTF updated their 2005 review on the benefits and harms of HIV screening in adolescents and adults by searching MEDLINE (2004 - June 2012) and the Cochrane Library (through the second quarter of 2012). Inclusion criteria were English-language randomized trials and observational studies comparing HIV screening approaches and reporting clinical outcomes, assessing the effect of initiating ART at different CD4 cell count thresholds and long-term harms, or reporting the effect of interventions on transmission risk.
   "Previous studies have shown that HIV screening is accurate, targeted screening misses a substantial proportion of cases, and treatments are effective in patients with advanced immunodeficiency," the USPSTF task force writes in its systematic review. "New evidence indicates that ART reduces risk for AIDS-defining events and death in persons with less advanced immunodeficiency and reduces sexual transmission of HIV."
   Evidence was convincing that standard and rapid HIV antibody tests are both highly accurate in diagnosing HIV infection.
   Evidence also was convincing that identifying and treating HIV infection in individuals with immunologically advanced disease (CD4 count <200 cells/mm 3) is associated with a substantially lower risk for progression to AIDS, AIDS-related events, and death.
   Evidence was adequate that starting ART earlier (at CD4 counts of 200 - 500 cells/mm 3) is associated with a lower risk for AIDS-related events or death.
   Finally, evidence was convincing that ART is associated with a markedly lower risk for transmission from HIV-positive persons to uninfected heterosexual partners and that identifying and treating HIV-positive pregnant women substantially lowers rates of mother-to-child transmission. Therefore, there are significant overall benefits of screening for HIV infection in adolescents, adults, and pregnant women.
   Although evidence is convincing that individual antiretroviral drugs, drug classes, and combinations are all associated with short-term adverse events, many are transient or self-limited, and there are often effective alternatives. Long-term use of certain antiretroviral drugs is linked to a small increase in risk for cardiovascular and other adverse events.
   "The overall harms of screening for and treatment of HIV infection in adolescents, adults, and pregnant women are small," the task force writes in its draft guidelines.
   "The USPSTF concludes that there is high certainty that the net benefit of screening for HIV infection in adolescents, adults, and pregnant women is substantial."

6 comments:

GOD has certainly lead me here this hour because before sharing this I prayed he lead me to site where my testimony will become blessing to people lives. I found out 4years ago that I was infected with HIV because I was engaged to a man that i knew I should have never had in my life. Like most of us here the HOLY SPIRIT was warning me but I decided to do what I wanted . He never came out to tell me he had it I just happened to go through some old stuff he left at my house and there some antiviral meds appeared . I got checked and was diagnosed. It instantly felt like agony!!! The enemy tempt me with suicide,depression and all kinds of unhealthy emotion. I was looking for love in all the wrong places and people. The enemy kept speaking to me that my life was over.. But one day I quickly with tears in my eyes prayed to GOD for healing. And GOD showed me a vision that my cure is in nature I woke up prayed over it, gradually I started having passion for herbs then gradually I started using for treatment. One evening I think early February this year after my evening prayer I was on a site on herbal remedies for STD and a page was telling possible cure for herpes, then on peoples comments I saw testimonies of people telling how same DR yakubu have successfully cured them of herpes and he cured all manner of STD including HIV. I copied his contact.. .... That same night in my dream I was in the doctor office and the doctor telling me there’s been a mistake THAT I’M FREE FROM ANY DISEASE in my body. I woke up the next morning and prayed over it then contacted DR YAKUBU who immediately responded to me he talked to me and assured me of permanent cure if I finish taking certain quantity of his meds of which I ordered for immediately and started use. Within few weeks of use I noticed total relieved in my body system then went for a test and was confirmed negative and another test and the result was same. Glory be to GOD who cured me as he promised. God is real and he still saves humans through fellow humans. Reach DR YAKUBU through his e-mail;dryakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com

If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Cancer, Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.


Hello everybody,

MY IS LOVETH, I don't just know the reason why some people is finding it difficult to believe that there is a cure for herpes, I have been suffering from herpes since last three years with my boyfriend but today I am happy that am cure from it with the herbal medicine of DR ediale the great healer, I was browsing the internet searching for help when I came across a testimony shared by someone on how DR ediale cure his herpes I was so much in need of getting his treatment but after all DR ediale brought a smile to my face with his herbal medicine. I am so much happy today that we have someone like this great healer out there, so my people out there kindly contact this great healer on his email address: edialevincentspellcasterspellcaster@gmail.com please sir keep your good work cause there are people out there who is in need of your healing medicine.once more contact, whatsApp number, +1 4132390270

I was diagnosed with Herpes and HIV/AIDS for a long time,and I've had some variants of this Herpes and  HIV/AIDS.This has brought me a lot of trouble, on many levels, especially with my partners, and this has given me a lot of self-consciousness.25 years of suffering outbreaks is a long time, I've had depression and I've felt the rejection of many people, who are suffering from it know what I'm talking about.As you know, pharmacological medicine does not provide any adequate solution to eradicate this diseases, it only mitigates the symptoms until the next outbreak.However, about a month ago I discovered some useful information that helped me in a few weeks to make myHerpes and HIV VIRUS disappear naturally after taking DR James herbal mix medicine .Today I am grateful to Doctor James herbal mix medicine that has given me back a normal life.Today I can say that:  I am a new person, or rather, I am back to being a person without complexes because of this silent and complex hell that is herpes.If you don't suffer from herpes, well risky you are, but if you suffer it I invite you to contact this genuine powerful herbal healer called Dr james. Hiv/AIDS is a Deadly disease that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against HIV/AIDS is to take natural herbal remedies, I read about DR JAMES HERBAL MIX MEDICINE, the great herbalist who cures people of HIV  virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of HIV virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate and 100 percent works. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 21 days and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.
CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE 
   Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
  My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
   

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More